TORQUE GT ● BLOG
It feels like a lifetime ago I wrote Part 1 of this blog. It was certainly a different world we were all living in. Unfortunately when the lockdown was sprung upon us the DC5 was parked right at the back of our yard behind many other cars!
I spent the next 6 weeks wishing I'd moved it out so I could be tinkering with it. Finally as the restrictions lifted I managed to get it out and onto modifying.
First off was replacing the coilovers. With OE suspension now hard to get hold of, we were offered some K-Sport suspension at a great price so I decided to fit that in the first instance. Once set up and aligned it drives really well. Not sure if it'll stay forever but definitely good for now.
Driving it compared to the Diesel BMW I've been in for the past few months was an absolute joy. There are obviously the usual niggles; heat shield rattle, CEL came on as 02 sensor failed and no stereo! Sorted all these easily and with the Pioneer DA230DAB fitted you have all the functionality of a brand new car!
Steering wheel looks like its been in a fight with a large dog and the seat bolster has also collapsed, so these are next on the list for the interior...
Next on the performance mods is a bonanza load of Hybrid Racing Parts. V3 Shifter with the Cables, Fuel Rail, Tucked Fuel line, Plug Cover and a few of the dress up parts. Also going for a Skunk2 70mm Throttle Body with RBC so I can mount the Hybrid CAI.
Once all that has arrived - will share some fitting pics. Can't wait!